- Mon-Thu 08:00 - 20:00
Friday 07:00 - 22:00
Saturday 08:00 - 18:00
- [email protected]
Ask the Experts
Melasma, also known as the “mask of pregnancy,” is a skin concern characterized by the overproduction of melanin, resulting in brown or blue patches. The condition can affect any layer of the skin, and depending on which, can be classified as epidermal, dermal, or mixed melasma. Living in Delhi and seeking effective treatment? Derma Circles provides advanced care for melasma and hyperpigmentation at an affordable cost.
Melasma's risk factors stem from genetic predispositions and environmental triggers. Overexposure to UV rays, hormonal fluctuations, and certain skin-irritating products can increase the chances of developing this condition. Our treatment plans aim at pigment reduction and skin tone restoration through a combination of clinically approved methods.
Available Treatments for Melasma
At Derma Circles, we follow treatment guidelines from the American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD) to manage melasma:
- Sun Protection: Usage of sunscreens with SPF 30 or higher, along with physical barriers like wide-brimmed hats, to minimize sun exposure.
- Topical Medications: Prescription creams with active ingredients such as hydroquinone, retinoids, and corticosteroids to regulate pigment production.
- Chemical Peels: Use of professional-grade acids to exfoliate the skin and lighten pigmentation, particularly effective for epidermal melasma.
- Microneedling: A technique that stimulates collagen production to improve skin tone and texture.
- Plasma Injections: Plasma-rich injections derived from your blood to promote skin healing and pigmentation reduction.
- Laser and Light Therapies: Advanced procedures to target and lighten melanin-rich areas.
- Microdermabrasion: Exfoliation of the outermost skin layer to diminish superficial pigmentation.
Cost of Melasma Treatment in Delhi
The cost of melasma treatment in Delhi varies based on the type and severity of melasma, treatment plan, and number of sessions needed. We at Derma Circles are dedicated to offering the most effective treatment tailored to our patients' unique needs.
Melasma, a frequent skin concern, may not be curable but can be effectively managed with the right dermatological care. Regular sunscreen use and early treatment are key. For comprehensive melasma management, consult our specialists at Derma Circles.
Frequently Asked Questions about Melasma Treatment
Melasma is a common skin condition causing brown to gray-brown patches, primarily on the face. It is more common in women, particularly during pregnancy, and in those with darker skin types or a family history of melasma.
There is no permanent cure for melasma, but various treatments can effectively reduce its appearance and prevent it from worsening. Ongoing management and sun protection are key components of treatment.
Sun exposure can exacerbate melasma as UV rays stimulate the melanocytes, leading to increased pigment production. Daily use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher is essential for managing melasma.